Ben’s Storage Solutions already had 4 very successful self storage container sites at Walton, Sunbury, Oxford and Slough and were looking to further develop their business. An opportunity arose at their Slough site to redevelop a building and add a “traditional” self storage facility to the portfolio.
Storage Future were contracted to supply and install the following:
SCOPE OF WORK
- Single level 3,800 sq.ft. mezzanine floor to BRE 437;
- 60 min fire protection to mezzanine and stairs;
- Full electrical and smoke detection systems to both floors;
- Reception / office and disabled toilet facilities;
- Self storage corridor and partitioning systems, and external shutters;
- Access control systems including CCTV and individual storage unit door alarms.
Including 6 externally accessed units, a total of 85 self storage units were created varying in size from 20 sq.ft to 320 sq.ft within a total store size of just over 8,750 sq.ft.
An efficiency of 86% in net rentable area/gross floor area was achieved.